|EUCAP – EU Mission
1-2017 Call for Contributions – Local National Staff
|Job Location:||As indicated below|
|Employment Regime:||As indicated below|
|Ref.:||Name of the Post:||Location:||Availability:|
|LM002||HoM Office Assistant||Mogadishu||ASAP|
Deadline for Applications:
|10 September 2017 at 16:00 (Nairobi Time)|
E-mail Address to send the Job Application Form to:
- Application form can be downloaded from http://www.eucap-som.eu/jobs/
- If you cannot download the application from our website you can ask one from Human Resources Unit of EUCAP sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send application to email@example.com electronically only.
- Please, fill one application form for each position.
- We take under consideration only two applications per person.
- Applications should be filled in English.
- Deadline to apply for the positions is September 10th 2017
- Only duly- filled in English official application forms will be accepted.
- All other forms of applications and/or after deadline for submission will be disregarded.
- None of the documents submitted will be returned.
- Use your father and grandfather name as family name
Vacancy for local staff
LM002 Head of Mission Office Assistant
Duty Station: Mogadishu
Availability: As soon as possible
Post category: Assistant level
Group classification: I
The Assistant to the Head of Mission will be under the supervision of the Head of Mission (HoM) and will report to her/him. S/he will contribute to the efficient and effective running of the general administration in the Mission Headquarters (MHQ). S/he will support the work of Executive Officer (EXO) to HoM and DHoM in the Mission’s HQ office, in maintaining regular contact on document management with the administrative back office.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist HoM in her/his daily work; and in HoM’s absence D/HoM and Head of Operations (HoO) in MHQ;
- Provide general secretarial and administrative support to the line managers and perform general office duties;
- Drafts and distributes invitations for internal briefings and meetings;
- Taking minutes at internal briefings and meetings;
- Support guest and event management at the MHQ;
- Perform interpretation for line managers at meetings (English to Somali and vice versa);
- Draft HoM and D/HoM correspondence and ensures follow-up ensuring confidentiality;
- Ensure timely delivery of HoM and D/HoM correspondence originals to the HoM archive in administrative back office;
- Keeps lists of names, and contacts of HoM and D/HoM interlocutors; and
- To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Managers.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma;
- Excellent level of written and spoken English and Somali is a requirement;
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a relevant field of work;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of MS Office Suite Package;
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- A professional qualification in Human Resources, Administration or equivalent academic or professional training would be an asset;
- A previous work experience in administration would be an asset;
- Previous work experience with an international organisation would be an asset;
- Excellent administration and organisational skills;
- Works methodically, accurately and with attention to details as well as to tight deadlines;
- Is used to work on a multitude of activities at the same time and with limited supervision;
- Has a strong sense of confidentiality and discretion in dealing with staff-related matters and/or financial issues;
- Ability to work independently and harmoniously with colleagues and as part of a team;
- Ability to work under stress and willingness to work long irregular hours and still deal helpfully and courteously with all contacts;
- Must be able to express ideas and concepts clearly and concisely in written and oral form;
- Good experience of using data for preparing reports;
- Mandatory requirement to pass security clearances and medical checks.