On 15-16 February 2022, Somalia’s Ministry of Ports and Marine Transport (MPMT), with the support of EUCAP Somalia, hosted a seminar on oil spill preparedness and contingency planning in Mogadishu.
This page serves as a knowledge-sharing platform for the presentations delivered at the event and other relevant resources to support authorities in their task to protect the marine environment from the effects of potential oil spills.
The recommendations of the event drafted by the Somali stakeholders included the establishment of a Technical Working Group on Oil Spill Contingency Planning, to later also include the Federal Member States.
- International Regulatory Framework for Oil Pollution. Preparedness, Response, and Cooperation. Mr. Julke Brandt
- Oil Spill Contingency Plan. Mr. Keenadid Mumin Cali
- IMO’s list of technical publications
- IOPC Funds Claims Information Pack
- IPIECA-IOGP good practice guidelines and other technical materials
- ITOPF Technical Information Papers
- Oil Spill Response Limited’s (OSRL) Field Guides
- NOAA publications
- Oil spill webinars GI WACAF
- Oil spill webinars OSRL
- Oil spill webinars UKEIRESPILL